Monday, January 26, 2009

done: 1 down, 4 more to go.



detail of "The Love Letter," now available as an original painting for $90 and soon to be available as a print.

Last night I said one down, five to go; I worked on a drawing all night before realizing it's turning out to be no good at all. I mean, it's okay, I'm just not really pleased with where it's going. I was hoping for something hazy and muted, that reflected in its line work the victorian engravings and portraits I drew on for image references. Instead it's looking more like a coloring book.

Bah. I'll give it another try, but for now I have to scrap it if I want to get anything else done.

2 comments:

  1. hi I was wondering how you go about making prints? I want to get some done and am checking out how other people do them, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Winston -

    I order them through IPrintFromHome.com. It's a decent service - you can order them on Kodak Endura paper, or if you want giclee prints they come on Somerset Velvet paper or canvas, USPS first class shipping is $3, and best of all you can set everything up on your own computer. So far it's the most affordable option I've found for as small-scale an operation as I run.

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete