Monday, December 15, 2008

crumbs



It's a beautiful sunny day, perfect for photographing new pieces. Except I haven't made too many new pieces. I'm terribly sick.

Well, no. I just hate being sick, so even if it's just a bad cold I tend to whine and grouse and try the patience of everyone around me.

Given that my mom was a bit of a hypochondriac, I have a lot of different cure-alls to choose from when I'm sick. Samgyetang, or Korean chicken soup will probably find its way onto the table sometime this week, but when I got up this morning (well, closer to noon than dawn) I cut a slice of Camden's delectable banana bread and made myself the simplest medicine of all.

GINGER TEA
one knob fresh ginger, about the size of your thumb
a little good honey (optional)

Peel and slice the ginger across the grain with a sharp knife into thin coins and place in a clean teapot. Bring some water to a boil and pour over the ginger, and let it sit for at least four or five minutes. Stir in a little honey if that's to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment