Friday, November 14, 2008

lavinia and first frost almost complete

I couldn't find my good matte bristol, so I painted the backgrounds for these on watercolor paper instead. It turned out alright. The colors and gradations are more muted than I'd planned - you can see how the gouache seems more saturated on the bristol cutout than the background - but I kind of like it like this, too.

I'm still working on getting a decent full-shot image of this one, but here's a detail. I tea-stained the papercut and the touched up the branches and her "mouth" with gouache, but I think I want to do a little more touching up.

I'm not going to list them yet. I'd like to finish a few more paintings, loose papercuts, and some new things I didn't offer last year before I put anything up in the shop, but I thought I might as well show them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment